|Frequently asked Questions
Icons Formats and Features
Web hosting hub review
Payment Related Questions
Formats, Sizes, Colors
- What is iconplant.com about anyway?
The short answers are "quality" and "value." Our professional designers produce high quality XP style icons for multiple uses including website and software development, which we make available to you at rock bottom prices.
- Why should customers buy from iconplant.com?
We offer the highest quality XP style icons available at the most affordable prices and our service is prompt and reliable.
- Does iconplant.com offer free samples?
We offer free samples of our XP style icons for customers to examine and use. Click here to go to our download area.
- Do your icons follow the Microsoft XP style guide?
All of our icons are produced according to the specifications for XP icons set out by Microsoft.
- How will I receive my icons?
After we receive payment you will be supplied with download instructions and a webpage address from which you can retrieve your icons.
- In what formats are your icons provided?
We offer three icon formats: gif, ico, and png with each purchase. Vector icons are available by special request and must be ordered separately at a price of US $25 per icon.
- How do the icon formats differ and how is each one used?
Different projects require different icon formats. The ico format, for instance, would be used for a graphical user interface for a software application. Web applications would call for gif icons.
- What sizes are included with your icons?
Each icon is delivered in four sizes:
- 16 x 16
- 24 x 24
- 32 x 32
- 48 x 48
- What color depths are used in your icons?
We offer icons in true color and 256 colors.
- Will your icons work with older versions of Windows?
Technically, yes, our icons are compatible with older versions of Windows but they are designed specifically to integrate with Windows XP.
- I'm a non-Windows user. How can I check to see if your icons are compatible with my operating system?
The best way to verify compatibility is to download and use a set of our free icons. Click here to Download Free XP Icon Samples
- How are your icons priced?
Please click here for detailed pricing information.
- What if I just want to purchase individual icons?
We will sell individual icons. Please click here to order icons individually. Our current minimum purchase for individual icons is ten. Each icon sells for US $3.
- How many icons are there in one of your packages?
As each of our packages is distinct, the total number of icons will vary. Each icon in a package, however comes in four sizes, two colors, and three formats as follows.
- Sizes: 16 x 16, 24 x 24, 32 x 32, 48 x 48
- Color Depths: true color and 256 colors
- Formats: ico, png, gif
Methods of payment
- Can I get customized icons?
Yes, we will produce icons according to your specifications. Customized icons are royalty free but cannot be resold, redistributed, re-licensed, sub-licensed, or in any way given over to a third party.
(Click here to read our license agreement.)
- How much do customized icons cost?
Each custom icon is priced at US $35 inclusive of service charges. This price includes one free revision with each additional revision priced at US $10. You must order a minimum of five icons and we ask for a 50% down payment.
Each custom icon is also supplied in four sizes, three formats, and two color depths. (See No. 14 above.)
- How do I order custom icons?
Please click here to fill out our customization form or email the following details:
You will receive a response email within 24 hours.
- a list of required icons with detailed descriptions (samples if any)
- and sizes required
- a brief description of the project for which the icons will be used
- required deadline
- Will I need to pay in advance for customized icons?
We require a down payment of 50% of the total amount of the order. Our email acknowledgment of your order will include payment details.
- When will my custom icons be delivered?
Normally we complete custom icons in 3 to 7 days unless we have agreed to meet a deadline stipulated by the customer.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept either PayPal or 2Checkout (for Credit Cards). Both are recognized and secure payment gateways.
- Can I pay in a different currency?
Yes, both PayPal and 2Checkout allow payment in a different currency.
- What usage rights are attached to your icons?
Our icons come with unlimited royalty free use in their present or modified form. The icons may not be resold, redistributed, leased, licensed, or sub-licensed to any third party.
(Click here to read our license agreement.)
For additional questions please email us or fill out our online support form.